How to switch to an Instagram business profile
Don't have an Instagram business profile? This guide explains how to get one set up, via Instagram or Facebook.
- From within the Instagram mobile app, head into 'Settings'
- Next, navigate to 'Account'
- Within this area, you should find the option to 'Switch account type'
Follow the on-screen steps to set up your free Instagram business account. When asked what type of account you would like, be sure to select 'Business' and not 'Creator'. Posts will not auto-publish via ContentCal to Creator accounts. Posts to any Instagram accounts that are not business accounts will need to be published using the ContentCal mobile app.
Finally, you will be given the option to connect your Instagram Business account to a corresponding Facebook account. Whether you do this now or later, this is an essential step that you must complete. In order to connect your Instagram Business account to ContentCal, and to automatically publish your content, you must connect your Instagram Business account to a Facebook Page.
If you choose to connect your Instagram Business account to a Facebook Page later down the line, you can do so by heading into your Facebook Page > Settings > Instagram > Connect Account.
- Within your Facebook Page, head to 'Settings' from the lefthand menu.
- Within Page Settings, head to 'Instagram'.
- Select to 'Connect Accounts' and from here follow the on-screen instructions to login to your Instagram account while connecting and converting to a business profile.
← Previous article
🔍 Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Email us with your questions, or get in touch with us via the live chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of the ContentCal web app screen.Message us